Are you a Repair Technician with an AS/BS in Electrical Engineering and at least a year of experience, as well as a high aptitude for problem-solving? If you're looking to join a well-rated employee-owned company you can be supported and grow in, this could be the perfect next step in your career!
We're looking for a hands-on, problem-solving Electronics Repair Technician to join an amazing team that serves customers throughout the United States and the world:
- Full-time, direct hire opportunity
- Salary dependent upon experience: $40k – $55k (flexible if more experience)
- On site in Middleton, WI
- AS or BS in Electrical Engineering or similar and 1+ year of hands-on repair experience (entry-level through senior will be considered!)
What You'll Do:
The Repair Technician will work with both legacy and current components that are sent back to the manufacturer for repair, and will have the opportunity to work with a multitude of products including lighting, controls and advanced rigging systems that are used in everything from concert stages and opera houses to museums and television programs. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Component level repair of customer, loaner & sales demo equipment.
- Ensures customer units are repaired within two weeks.
- Ensures units are not returned for repair of the same problem.
- Completes Repair portion of the RMA process, detailing what problems were observed and corrected, logging time and materials used, and providing warranty info when unit is ready to ship.
- Completes Engineering Change Request forms and forwards to Manufacturing Engineering when appropriate.
- Supports Phone Techs as it relates to equipment repair and loaner program.
- Offers possible solutions to Phone Techs for problems occurring at customer sites ensuring they are useful and based on experience and product knowledge.
- One type of each loaner is stocked in the Repair area and ready to ship.
- Addresses questions from colleagues or Customers within one working day.
- Maintains and tests older parts and assemblies.
- Ensures PCB boards tested in Repair Department are burned in and completely tested.
- Ensures untested PCB boards are not used or shipped.
- Orders parts when quantity hits re-order point.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Ensures soldering and other power tools, are maintained and returned to the appropriate areas.
- Ensures ESD wristband is worn when working with PCB boards and their components.
What You'll Bring:
- AS in Electrical Engineering or similar preferred; will consider candidates that have at least 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- At least 1 year of direct repair experience; individuals from entry-level to senior will be considered for this opportunity.
- High level of problem-solving ability, and someone that is able to work with classic to highly advanced technology.
- Ability to perform pin-through to through-hole repairs and troubleshoot from system-level to component-level.
- Experience with issue-tracking tools.
- Knowledge of production and quality procedures.
- Ability to read prints and schematics.
- Ability to use hand tools, small power tools and test equipment, as well as proficiency in using an oscilloscope.
- Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- High team-orientation and good communication skills, with the ability to also work independently.
Salary Range: $40k – $55k (flexible if more experience)
If the range doesn’t align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to the role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.