Are you a Mechanical Engineer with expertise in Ammonia and Freon Refrigeration, Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer, and a high aptitude for problem-solving directly with customers? If you're looking to join a well-rated company you can be supported and grow in, this could be the perfect next step in your career!
We're looking for a consultative, problem-solving Industrial Refrigeration Sales Engineer to join an amazing team and help provide custom-built industrial refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, metal fabricating and preventative maintenance service solutions to customers throughout the United States and the world.
What You'll Do:
The Industrial Refrigeration Sales Engineer will be the go-to expert for both new and existing customers for design, build and implementation of leading refrigeration systems. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with customers to clearly define their needs and provide both an exceptional solution and great service to them.
- Collaborate closely with the internal drafting team in developing construction drawings and system P&ID's.
- Provide input and help estimators in developing cost estimates for engineering, fabrication and construction of projects.
- Coordinate with staff to provide cost estimates, drawings, energy projections, construction schedules, etc.
- Develop letters of quotation and/or formal proposals for presentation to the customer.
- Provide technical and engineering support for customer implementation of new or existing PSM (Process Safety Management) programs as they relate to ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Stay current in industry, engineering, code and other standards, including heat gain and loss calculations, application of appropriate systems (recirculation, flooded, DX, etc.), pipe sizing, control valve sizing, equipment selection, insulation systems, ASME code requirements, vessel sizing and applications, and product loads and calculations, among others.
- Act as a technical expert for the company, including internal and external customers, with regard to refrigeration and related systems.
- Provide all documentation of engineering and cost estimates for turnover to project management staff for implementation of all projects sold.
- Documentation includes drawings, P & ID's, engineering calculations, equipment selections, installation piping details, bid summary, and contract documents.
- Assume the role of Project Manager for projects not turned over to PM staff.
- Support and maintain a Lean work environment.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent
- Professional Engineer certification (or progress towards PE or EIT)
- Working knowledge of, and technical expertise in, fluid flow, heat transfer, dynamics of large multi-stage systems, etc.
- Knowledge of both Ammonia and Freon systems.
- Ability to understand, analyze and troubleshoot mechanical and refrigeration systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Physical ability to access job sites, including some climbing.
The salary for this position is anticipated to be approximately $75,000 – $150,000 dependent upon experience.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Engineering, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with engineers throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Engineers placing Engineers and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/