Our partner, a highly successful specialty chemical manufacturer, has an opportunity for a motivated individual to join their talented marketing team in Madison, WI as an Associate Product Marketing Manager. They set the standards for innovation and quality products in their industry. The Associate Product Manager will assist with the execution and implementation of all marketing related activities for the domestic team. This person will also assist the sales team in preparing for tradeshows and customer sales meetings. This position will require extensive interaction with most functional areas throughout the organization and must be able to foster productive working relationships.
What you’ll do:
New Product and Packaging Development:
- Drive product execution process for all confirmed new product initiatives from approval to launch. Work with key functional areas as necessary to complete the following… confirmation of package sizes, establishment of product codes and part numbers, release, and distribution of product ECO’s and updates of price lists and packaging development.
- Work with registrations to ensure package labeling meets requirements.
- Drive the development and execution of packaging.
- Proactively work with purchasing to help ensure efficient, responsible, cost-effective packaging development and transition plans for both existing and new products.
Sales Collateral Development:
- Work with sales team to develop collateral materials as necessary. This includes working with graphic artists, sales managers and outside customers to ensure successful completion.
- Assist and/or initiate collateral development for all new product introductions as well as updates and enhancements to existing collateral materials, including coordination and distribution of price list updates.
- Monitor inventory levels and (in concert with purchasing or Dunlop) determine economic order quantities of new materials as necessary.
- Attend all divisional sales meetings and relevant customer meetings.
Promotional Planning and Support:
- In concert with the Director of Marketing and Sales team, develop and implement promotional marketing programs that support sales objectives.
- Coordinate, and co-develop, vet, and execute advertising campaigns that support new product introductions, product initiatives and other objectives.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Sales managers to develop and execute promotional materials for customer specific initiatives.
- Assist in the creation and development of trade show promotional materials and displays, and related materials.
- Actively work with materials management and accounting to identify products that no longer meet required performance criteria.
- Evaluate product performance and manage product life cycle to drive continued sales growth through merchandising, promotional or packaging solutions.
Website and Digital Content:
- Work with Director of Marketing & Associate Marketing Manager to manage websites and execute digital communications (e.g. – eblasts, online promotional contents).
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment. Previous experience as associate product manager preferred.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills as well as superior spreadsheet and database management capabilities.
- Must be comfortable with and have experience interacting with cross-functional areas/teams.
- Experience and ease in delivering marketing/sales related presentations to a live audience is required.
- Must be able to assess divergent categories of information and formulate actionable plans.
- Adaptability is a must.
- Must also be adept at MS Word and PowerPoint.