Carex is working with a global company with locations in Wisconsin in the Green Bay and surrounding areas. We are helping our partner find multiple HR professionals, including a Senior HR Generalist in Marinette, WI. The Senior HR Generalist assists in delivering HR functional support this location as an employee advocate, functional expert and business driver. The Sr HR Generalist will compile all required metrics, presentations and data points that are reflective of the HR Department efforts, goals and responsibilities. He/she will have the opportunity to work within the full scope of generalist activity: policy administration, recruitment, labor relations, performance management, regulatory & legal compliance and employee training & development in a collaborative, team-based environment.
What you’ll do:
- Create metrics and presentations surrounding the improvement of recruitment, retention, attrition and all efforts of the HR Department
- Help to develop, coordinate and present development and leadership programs for all employees that support the corporate strategy and business objectives
- Support leadership development and growth, accelerate high potential employee development, and manage internal competency models
- Assist HR Director with employee skill assessments to achieve solid organizational structure and create behavior/competency framework for each department to upgrade talent.
- Communicates with all management/supervisor levels, union personnel, contractors, and on-site customer personnel
- Promote a harmonious work environment by suggesting sound personnel policies
- Educate and assist managers and employees on HR policies, plans, programs, practices, processes, and tools (e.g., compensation, development, CBA, EEO) to ensure knowledge transfer and enhanced organizational capability related to the management and development of people
- Be open minded and able to listen to the concerns of Human Resources customers, also initiate improvements
- Policy Management: including administering/interpreting company policies and assisting the HR Manager in employment issues, labor law and employment law compliance related investigations and hearings.
- Assists employees regarding general company policy, CBA, and procedure questions. Partners with the management team to align organization to best accomplish objectives.
- Systems: utilization of the various ADP modules and analyze HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to recommend improvements.
- Assist and support all HR activities/duties as needed.
- Act as back up for HR Managers and HR Director.
- Furnish information such as reference documents and statistical data concerning all facets of HR.
- Monitor implementation and change of policies (including those influenced by the Collective Bargaining Agreement)
- Routinely audits Company employee files and employment law postings for accuracy and adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and state laws.
- Performs administrative duties as required and additional duties as assigned.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, labor relations, business administration or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience in HR generalist or specialist role.
- This requirement can also be met with an Associate’s degree in a related field and at least 8 years of professional level experience or a High School Diploma and at least 10 years of professional level experience.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and other government compliance regulations is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Must have excellent follow-up skills with a client service mentality and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a hands-on, high volume, fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to research and analyze various different types of data information
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, or government laws.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Comfort with and Experience utilizing metrics.
Carex is working with a global company with locations in Wisconsin in the Green Bay and surrounding areas. We are helping our partner find multiple HR professionals, including a Senior HR and Labor Relations Manager in Marinette, WI. This position is responsible for coordinating and directing the HR & Labor Relations function for this specific location. This role provides full generalist HR support for all represented and non-represented employees. Serves as employee advocate to assure fair and consistent administration of the collective bargaining agreement, local employment policies and practices. Identifies HR issues related to short-term and long-term business plans and objectives; develops and implements initiatives to address those issues. Continually upgrades the organization’s capacity to attract, retain and manage the talent it needs to succeed. Other responsibilities include developing, interpreting, and recommending program goals and objectives driven by the collective bargaining agreement, policies, and procedures, KPI and courses of action.
What you’ll do:
Manages core HR processes for the organizational unit’s skilled labor force including; staffing, performance management, compensation administration, and career development. Serves as expert on all HR processes for internal client groups. May serve as company-wide “process owner” of one or more of these processes with the ability to effect change or improvements across organizational boundaries.
- Counsels and advises managers and supervisors with regard to labor relations, contract interpretation, and policy issues. Facilitates review and approval of advanced disciplinary steps or exceptional employment decisions.
- Monitors the administration of employment policies and practices to assure consistency, fairness and continued relevance to the business. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Investigates problems, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. According to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals.
- Performs surveys, benchmarking studies and research regarding alternative or advanced employment practices used in other businesses; makes appropriate recommendations for change.
- Leads organizational change to achieve / sustain strategic alignment with business objectives. Enhances organization’s capacity to manage change successfully. Manages change projects of high complexity.
- Supervises professional and/or administrative staff.
- Primary responsibility is the administration of the labor agreement, including the full grievance procedure.
What you’ll bring:
- Collaborates effectively across the organization; leverages resources from other parts of the organization to build commitment and achieve results. Objective; respects others’ points of view and opinions.
- Organized; able to handle complexity and multiple priorities. Manages time effectively and focuses on high priority opportunities. Takes measured risks and takes appropriate action in the face of uncertainty.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Establishes and maintains a high level of credibility.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company.
- BA or BS in HR Management, OD, Business Administration or related area.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- MLHR / MILR preferred. This requirement can also be met with an Associate’s degree and at least 10 years of related experience, or a High School diploma and at least 12 years of related experience.
- Proficient in employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of statistical tools and analysis techniques.
- Competent in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Highly competent in managing, assessing and developing others.
- Safety minded.
- People oriented, determined to assist where able.
- Accountability and Ownership: Demonstrate a sense of urgency, ownership in your role.
- Respect people’s differences and be open to differing opinions and beliefs.
- Continue to improve your current role and help develop the role for the future based on lean management.