Are you interested in working for a Healthtech firm at the cutting edge of technology? We’re looking for a Teach Lead Software Engineer to join our partner with a HQ in Berlin and Boston, and additional locations in Mequon, WI and San Francisco. This person will have a focus on leading a scrum unit in developing VOD (Video-On-Demand) solutions.
Our partner is expanding rapidly in the US market to serve US-based hospitals and medical device companies. The platform is an AWS cloud-based SaaS application which is an integral part of a digital surgery platform that brings much-needed actionable surgical insight to surgical staff through analysis of high-fidelity surgical videos. This is a critical role in leading the design and development of their cloud-based VOD solution that provides “Netflix” style user experience for end users (such as surgeons).
What you’ll do:
- Work with peers and product management to understand business and software requirement
- Lead scrum team in developing and maintaining application software design and implementation according product requirement
- Coach and mentor junior staff
- Enforce Test Driven Development in the team
- Develop pipeline and integration tests.
- Implement automatic tests (API and/or FE) along with production code
- Constantly improve code and processes.
- Provide feedback on requirement and work effort estimate
- Conduct code reviews
- Create and implement NFRs for software design and system solution
- Model database schemas and interfaces.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area of study (e.g., Computer Science), or equivalent education level.
- Minimum 7 years development experience with enterprise level SaaS platform in Java
- Familiar or experienced with AWS or GCP development
- Experienced with DevOp and CI/CD. Big plus with Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiar with micro service design pattern
- Familiar with MongoDB, Postgres, Windows and Linux system
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, not afraid to challenge status quo. Enjoys working in a diverse, collaborative, supportive, and fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with agile/scrum development methodology
- Healthcare experience a big plus.
- Employer sponsored insurance benefits: medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, EAP, Wellness Program
- Open PTO policy, 401k savings and company match, paid holidays.