Do you have an AS or BS in Mechanical Engineering and Hands-On Product Design expertise, as well as experience in SolidWorks? This Product Design Engineer role could be the perfect next step in your career path!
**Carex-sponsored health insurance coverage provided for all full-time consultants.**
We're looking for a passionate Product Design Engineer to join a leading manufacturer in residential and consumer durables as an important part of the engineering and product design team:
- On site at the Middleton, WI HQ
- 6-month contract
- Mechanical Engineering degree + 2 years of experience in SolidWorks required
- Consumer durables experience ideal
What You'll Do:
The Product Design Team is seeking an experienced Product Design Engineer to help update and innovate both existing and new product designs involving Mechanical and Electrical systems, including motorization and automation (IoT), to meet recent changes to government regulations. The role includes:
- Translating government and regulatory needs into functional product designs while working with cross-functional teams.
- Improving existing product or component designs to achieve compliance, while also achieving cost reduction or other product improvement objectives.
- Providing manufacturing support to resolve production issues or supply concerns.
- Developing and testing working prototypes that can be used for functional evaluation.
- Working directly with suppliers to ensure product design needs are met.
What You'll Bring:
- AS in Mechanical Engineering and 4-6 years of solid Product Design experience OR a BS in Mechanical Engineering and 2-4 years of solid Product Design experience.
- High, hands-on proficiency in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Direct experience in a Manufacturing environment: Consumer Durables experience is ideal but not required.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/