Our technology partner is seeking Account Directors in New York, NY who will find, evaluate, and pursue new business opportunities at our partner strategic account. This Account Director will seek growth that builds upon or expands beyond where they are currently at today. Each institution is different and each customer has its own way of procuring software, Account Directors deeply understand these nuances and turn them into expansion opportunities. This takes creative thinking, diligent research, and a sharp focus on value creation. Successful Account Directors understand the needs of our customer, how they are currently leveraging the software, and have a clear plan to expand across the organization. They build relationships across the organization and are able to leverage these to increase the impact the software can have long term. The Account Director is armed with a deep knowledge of the product and its real-world applicability, cultivating existing relationships within a specific account and working diligently to build new ones. Motivated by the knowledge that the software they sell has a myriad of different applications across verticals, they exceed ambitious sales quotas and come up with new targets.
What You'll Do:
- In coordination with leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in a current customer account, focused on a single or very limited number of customers
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with counterparts to determine goals and targets
- Serve as the key point of contact between our company and the given customer
- Develop deep familiarity with the software platforms, the customer's business, how our software is currently deployed to solve problems today, and how we could solve a wide range of real-world problems beyond this
- Exceed stated sales quota by upselling and expanding enterprise contracts.
- Work with the implementation teams to ensure success of projects in flight and uncover new growth opportunities.
- Work with other account management team members to improve and streamline internal processes
What You'll Bring:
- Proven track record of large-scale enterprise sales to government or commercial institutions
- Experience building and managing relationships, and collaborating with internal partners and external counterparts
- Intricate familiarity with procurement processes
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to compellingly articulate the product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority
- Ability to understand customers' requirements and how the software can address them
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done, no matter the circumstances.
- Ability to travel per business needs – New York, NY
We are hiring passionate Proposal Writers / Strategists in NYC who have a desire to work for a technology company that is helping to solve big problems – this role is an opportunity to embed deeply in a unique company. As a Proposal Writer and Strategist, you will be a central part of the U.S. Commercial business development team. In collaboration with business development and technical execution partners you will expand the company footprint within U.S. Commercial organizations by writing compelling proposals that win contracts and developing strategies for new customer acquisition. On any given day, you'll be managing a formal proposal for a new contract, triaging several new business opportunities, or writing a white paper describing a new software release.
Our partner is fast-paced, and you'll be expected to make decisions independently by weighing many needs and priorities. The role and its surrounding organization aren't rigidly defined, so it's important that you can navigate an unstructured environment. You’ll leverage your skills in communication, design, research, and project management to write compelling documents, navigate unique business challenges, and create innovative solutions. We are looking for teammates who can own any business development project — from writing a detailed proposal submission, to ideating a white paper, to preparing for a key external meeting — with enthusiasm.
What You'll Do:
- Write and manage proposals in collaboration with multiple internal teams to showcase our products to proposal evaluators, customer leadership, and other audiences
- Develop document templates and self-help resources for internal teams to more effectively communicate with customers and respond to RFPs
- Work closely across many departments including engineering, legal, sales, and leadership teams to shape strategy for U.S. Commercial outreach
- Develop deep expertise in our products and their use cases, U.S. Commercial procurement processes, and existing and potential customers
- Learn complex technical information and clearly communicate it to both technical and non-technical audiences
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand technical concepts and thrive in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience building relationships across a range of business areas
- 4+ years experience in a role requiring writing and project management
- Must be on-site/hybrid in one of the following locations: NYC, Washington DC, Seattle, Denver, & Palo Alto)