Are you a Molecular, Cell or Protein Scientist with some lab experience and a passion for the client and sales side? This is the role for you!
Our biotech partner is seeking a Scientific Client Representative for a remote role based in San Diego, San Francisco, or the Pacific Northwest that will develop strong relationships with clients there. It's critical that you have at least a Bachelor's degree in a science field and have some lab experience (while earning your degree or after) .
A little about the team:
We are a close knit team focused on our clients and supporting one another. Honesty, integrity, mutual respect, open communication, and advocacy are woven into our team values. Our approach is science led, to make sure we are aligning our efforts to best support our clients’ research focus, and develop long-term, consultative relationships. Our team partners closely with nearly every other area of the company, providing a new challenge and learning opportunity every day.
YOUR ROLE: As a Scientific Client Representative, you’ll support and engage with local researchers at institutes in your area to align solutions of value to their scientific efforts. You’ll interact with the fascinating folks who utilize our products and you’ll have an ability to help both our team and company learn more about them and their science, building bridges between HQ & researchers. Although you’re a solo act, you’ll never be alone as we have a deep network of overlay teams ready to collaborate with and assist you.
1. Sales Behaviors:
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner and leverage the appropriate overlays (Tech Services, North America Marketing (NAM), Customer Service, Field Support Scientist (FSS), Global Clinical Collaborations Manager (GCCM), Clinical Account Consultant (CAC), Strategic Collaborations Management Team (SCMT), Strategic Product Manager (SPM), Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Elite Access, R&D etc.) as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction. Leverage Helix and additional sales channels to serve the client where appropriate.
- Working closely with the Regional/Associate sales manager, determine account list, incorporating a select number of strategic accounts as appropriate.
- Incorporate and execute funnel management for Sales Opportunities.
- Provide technical support by thorough knowledge of product line and effective communication of applications related to the products.
- Work to effectively link unique solutions to meet and exceed requirements of the customer’s business. Apply custom solutions and knowledge about unique (Custom/OEM/ CAS/early access products) solutions can offer customers. Maintain high quality relationship with internal R&D, marketing and operations personnel.
- Act as a company advocate to voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside our company. Takes a stand for relevant issues and delivers difficult decisions/messages when necessary.
- Works closely with Regional/Associate/sales manager to develop opportunity-based pricing strategies at accounts (quotes, purchasing contracts with discount schedules, freezer programs and stockroom/consignment). In conjunction with the company business units, organize and conduct field-marketing activities such as workshops, focus groups and beta test programs to gain customer feedback.
2. Sales Tools (Outlook/CRM/PowerBI/LinkedIn/Showpad):
- Effectively communicate with customers by ensuring emails are thoughtful, proofread and professional.
- Using dashboards and CRM to maintain appropriate notes in CRM and reassign customers to their appropriate accounts when they move.
- Adhere to branch initiatives by maintaining focus on sales process and associated performance metrics.
- Through training and coaching, develop skills to translate sales opportunities into workable and detailed action plans; demonstrate an understanding of the steps that go into a sales cycle (Funnel Management). Lays out a clear sales plan which includes specific action steps and milestones for managing the sales cycle from beginning to end. Provide completed Blue and Green sheets along with a sales call plan before meetings.
3. Branch Initiatives:
- Customer Touchpoints: Work with appropriate overlays (SPM, SBU, SCMT, NAM, etc.) for alpha/beta testing opportunities as well as Marketing Campaigns (including webinars).
4. Continuous Improvement
- Maintain a working IDP.
- Complete Annual Assessment with Regional Manager.
- Seek out training where appropriate for your job.
5. Demonstrates inclusion through their own words and actions and is accountable for a safe workspace. Acts with kindness, curiosity and respect for others.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Minimum BS or BA (M.S./Ph.D. preferred) in Life Sciences with a focus on hands-on laboratory experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and/or Protein Biochemistry.
2. Strives to incorporate the Core Emotional Social Intelligence (ESI) Principles in their position (Check in with yourself, Listen with empathy, Enhance self-esteem, Look for the good, with discernment, encourage diverse perspectives and Use courage and compassion to say what needs to be said).
3. Flexible in handling change, meeting a standard of excellence, persistent in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Self-awareness of how behaviors can affect our colleagues. Keeping disruptive emotions and impulses in check, sensing other’s feelings and perspectives to advocate and voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside our company.
4. Independently motivated and works well with others.
5. Excellent communication skills (oral/written).
6. Excellent organizational skills.
7. Strong commitment to customer service. Excellent communication, strong analytical and conflict resolution ability.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
If you're looking for a great opportunity apply now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach at firstname.lastname@example.org