We are hiring passionate Proposal Writers / Strategists in the following cities (Palo Alto, Seattle, Denver, NYC) who have a desire to work for a technology company that is helping to solve big problems – this role is an opportunity to embed deeply in a unique company. As a Proposal Writer and Strategist, you will be a central part of the U.S. Commercial business development team. In collaboration with business development and technical execution partners you will expand the company footprint within U.S. Commercial organizations by writing compelling proposals that win contracts and developing strategies for new customer acquisition. On any given day, you'll be managing a formal proposal for a new contract, triaging several new business opportunities, or writing a white paper describing a new software release.
Our partner is fast-paced, and you'll be expected to make decisions independently by weighing many needs and priorities. The role and its surrounding organization aren't rigidly defined, so it's important that you can navigate an unstructured environment. You’ll leverage your skills in communication, design, research, and project management to write compelling documents, navigate unique business challenges, and create innovative solutions. We are looking for teammates who can own any business development project — from writing a detailed proposal submission, to ideating a white paper, to preparing for a key external meeting — with enthusiasm.
What You'll Do:
- Write and manage proposals in collaboration with multiple internal teams to showcase our products to proposal evaluators, customer leadership, and other audiences
- Develop document templates and self-help resources for internal teams to more effectively communicate with customers and respond to RFPs
- Work closely across many departments including engineering, legal, sales, and leadership teams to shape strategy for U.S. Commercial outreach
- Develop deep expertise in our products and their use cases, U.S. Commercial procurement processes, and existing and potential customers
- Learn complex technical information and clearly communicate it to both technical and non-technical audiences
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand technical concepts and thrive in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience building relationships across a range of business areas
- 4+ years experience in a role requiring writing and project management
- Must be on-site/hybrid in one of the following locations: NYC, Washington DC, Seattle, Denver, & Palo Alto)