Do you have an AS or BS in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Lab Science, Medical Technology or a similar science background and are looking to learn from a Global Life Science & CRO Leader? This Clinical Trials Sample Handling Assistant role could be the perfect start to your career path!
We're looking for a passionate entry-level Sample Handling Assistant to join the largest health care diagnostic company in the world as an important part of the 1st shift team. This role is a 6+ month contract position and provides exceptional experience and an opportunity to learn from an accredited, well-known and admired company! The position hours are Tuesday – Saturday from 10:00am – 6:30pm, with flexible Saturday hours.
What You'll Do:
The Sample Handling Assistant I works in a high volume environment and performs a vital component of clinical lab science essential for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. The Sample Handling Assistant role will include aspects such as:
- Prepare study materials prior to sample processing collection.
- Receive and process irreplaceable clinical trials specimens.
- Operate basic to moderately complex laboratory equipment to process samples and input data.
- Operate and maintain automation line and aliquoter, performing manual aliquoting as needed.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to clinical trials specifications, using laboratory devices.
- Receive shipments for the LPS departments from various couriers and perform all related tasks; resolving misrouted shipments.
- Open and clean inbound shipments.
- Ensure QC of the dis carded material to prevent any failures, and report to management as needed.
- Maintain temperature of specimen in received condition.
- Scan shipments into the database.
- Follow all standard procedures for sorting and routing of samples to destination departments.
- Perform kit receipt process for inbound kits, as well as QC of requisitions.
- Provide accurate data entry of patient information and administrative entries.
- Prepare the original requisitions for hard copy archiving.
- Prepare specimens for testing and analysis.
- Troubleshoot any specimen-related issues that arise.
- Scan and/or perform data entry of specimen and patient information.
What You'll Bring:
- AS or BS in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or similar.
- Willingness to learn, or any previous experience in either an academic or commercial laboratory (internships included).
- Ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Andie Veach directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.