Are you a Rigging Technician with an AS in Electrical Engineering, as well as a high aptitude for problem-solving? If you're looking to join a well-rated employee-owned company you can be supported and grow in, this could be the perfect next step in your career!
We're looking for a hands-on, problem-solving Electronics Rigging Technician to join an amazing team that serves customers throughout the United States and the world:
- Full-time, direct hire opportunity
- Salary dependent upon experience: $36k – $62k (flexible if more experience)
- On site in Mazomanie, WI
- AS or BS in Electrical Engineering or similar and ideally 1+ year of hands-on repair experience (entry-level through senior will be considered!) Those with internships and other applicable experience will also be considered!
What You'll Do:
The Rigging Technician will work hands-on within the manufacturing floor to fully test everything prior to shipping out to the customer. This will include using a high level of electrical knowledge and heavy duty electrical testing to troubleshoot down to the component level on products and printed circuit board assemblies. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Troubleshoot products when problems arise, including verifying problem, and troubleshooting using electronic knowledge, theory and applicable documentation.
- Repair products to operating specification.
- Complete appropriate NCMR paperwork.
- Test products and sub-assemblies, as well as inspect PCB assemblies to IPC 610-B prior to stock or test (according to department requirements).
- Ensure products conform to documentation. and verify product operation.
- Complete appropriate test paperwork and defect reports.
- Configure software for test equipment and products to standards and specifications.
- Build sub-assemblies and final assemblies to standards and specifications.
- Assemble products according to documentation, and ensure correct parts are being used and the product is built to specifications.
- Complete final quality control inspection, as well as initiate NCMRs.
- Identify unacceptable parts and initiate corrective action regarding documentation (WI, ECR, etc.) problems.
- If applicable, assist project management with design of custom product.
- Review assembly drawing, wiring diagrams, schematics, and parts list to identify and inform project management of needed changes.
- Suggest appropriate project improvement and works with project management to implement changes.
- Support the product development release process for standard and custom products.
- Execute test plans that require you to setup the mechanical and electrical tests with minimal details of how each test will be performed.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Schedule and attend identified training classes on job specific products and processes.
What You'll Bring:
- AS in Electrical Engineering or similar preferred; will consider candidates that have at least 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- At least 1 year of direct board level repair and troubleshooting experience ideal; individuals from entry-level to senior will be considered for this opportunity.
- Knowledge of surface mount and through-hole technologies., and ability to test and troubleshoot VFDs, PLCs, timers, relays, power supplies and associated custom and standard motor control circuitry and settings. This role will also use soldering skills.
- General knowledge of structural design and fabrication, as well as production and quality procedures.
- Ability to read prints and schematics.
- Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- High team-orientation and good communication skills, with the ability to also work independently.
Salary Range: $36k – $62k (flexible if more experience)
If the range doesn’t align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to the role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.