Are you a Histotechnologist with at least 2 years of experience and a desire to work directly with a leading biotech company focused on early-stage cancer detection? This could be the role you're looking for!
– 4 month onsite contract assignment expected to begin in July.
– AS or BS in the Biological or Life Sciences.
– 2+ years experience in a Histology lab with strong competency in microtomy/cutting, embedding and staining.
– Strong experience in translating best practices and processes / SOPs.
– This compensation for this role is anticipated to be between $32.75 – $52.75 per hour, dependent upon experience.
What You'll Do:
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in histology, to include sectioning and hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) staining under supervision.
- Perform macro-dissection of samples under supervision.
- Monitor and process workflow queues.
- Prepare reagents, solutions, and controls.
- Perform and document equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Assist in sample returns, as needed.
- Interact with internal pathologists, internal associates, and external customers in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to ensure specimens are processed in a timely manner with high quality.
- Process specimens for research and development sponsored studies.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities for process improvements for the histopathology department.
- Assist in workflow, protocol, and related SOP development.
- Assist in equipment specification, installation, and maintenance.
- Provide guidance and training to research and development (R&D) staff relating to histopathology.
- Provide summary reports on process metrics, as needed.
- Contribute to corporate strategy for inspection preparation or additional regulatory approval relating to histopathology.
- Assist in running projects for development of histopathology around new product services and processes.
- Participate in tactical development projects, as needed.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Apply strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Apply strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work designated schedule, as well as overtime as needed.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens, and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high-speed centrifugation.
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City locations.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of an AS degree in the Biological or Life Sciences; BS degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a histology laboratory with competency in microtomy/cutting, embedding, and routine staining.
- ASCP (HT) or (HTL) certification is preferred, but not required.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexEngineering.com
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Our partner is looking for a Remote Senior Information Security Analyst’s to be the internal point of contact and administrator for HITRUST certification and maintenance. The Senior Information Security Analyst also generally works to ensure both the partner's platform and the broader team maintain compliance surrounding HIPAA, HITRUST, and general cybersecurity best practices. Working in conjunction with the CTO, the Senior Information Security Analyst develops, refines, and enforces policies and procedures across the organization.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Assessing information risk
- Reporting on and facilitating remediation of identified vulnerabilities for IT security and IT risk across the organization
- Manages the continuous protection of systems and information assets by contributing to or leading teams in the execution and implementation of information security defense improvements involving architecture, processes, tools and automation
- Assists in establishing, reviewing and maintaining security related policies, plans, processes and procedures to contribute toward the protection of critical business functions from disruption due to system failure or unavailability and to ensure enterprise applications have appropriate protections in place
- Collaborates with IT staff and external security vendors to monitor the security posture of all networked systems and leads efforts to take appropriate steps to quickly deal with any identified vulnerabilities
- Provides network and security expertise and guidance for all aspects of information assurance
- Maintains a high level of technical expertise on server/network hardware and software and appropriate security tools
- Assists in the selection, evaluation, and implementation of information system security infrastructure and strategic and operational planning
- Supports efforts to meet HIPAA and HITRUST requirements utilizing established security framework, leading/contributing efforts toward assessment completion and action plan follow through
- Performs duties in compliance with and according to organizational policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and sound business practices.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Computer/Information Science/Business required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of technical experience in an enterprise-wide system, network or security-related IT position. Equivalent combination of experience and education (min Bachelors) may be considered.
- Leadership, project management, use of methodology, time management and organizational skills to direct security efforts with the project team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high visibility projects, to work effectively and carefully under pressure, to meet project deadlines, to learn independently, to communicate effectively with a variety of people and to write well is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical, and administrative staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the Chief Technology Officer, the Data Science teams, and Engineering teams
- Skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through and with others
- Ability to build strong and sustainable relationships
We encourage people from historically underrepresented communities in technology to apply, including but not limited to women, people of color, people with disabilities, people of all age brackets, people with complex work and life histories, and those who identify as LGBTQ. We are a distributed team with hubs in the Denver area and Madison. Denver/Boulder is preferred, but candidates living anywhere are encouraged to apply and will not be required to relocate. US work authorization required.