Are you an Electrical or Systems Engineer with a strong background and knowledge in software and control systems? Are you looking to either continue in the field of Automotive / Electric Vehicle (EV), or transfer your skills and break into the industry? This Embedded Controls Software Engineer role could be exactly what you're looking for in your career!
*Position is ideally located onsite in Oshkosh, WI with full relocation package provided. Hybrid work is available depending on experience.
Sponsorship is not available with the position.
- Signing bonus
- Paid Relocation
- Paid training and certification in functional safety ISO26262
Come join a world-renowned leader in Specialty and Electric Vehicles (EV) and Equipment that has a team 15,000 members strong, all committed to keeping firefighters and soldiers safe, building and keeping communities clean, and helping people excel at their jobs.
What You'll Do:
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the development of high-quality control systems for a full line of Vehicles. As an Embedded Controls Software Engineer, you will be working in a collaborative environment and designing and developing embedded controls software for on-vehicle applications. This role is an integral member of the software team, and will develop C/C++ and model-based (Simulink) software on various embedded platforms that control and monitor vehicle systems for all Oshkosh subsidiaries. An understanding of vehicle systems and the integration of those systems is required to develop high quality, safety critical, cyber secure applications. In this role you'll be able to make an impact including:
- Design, implement, and integrate real-time embedded software written in C/C++ or Simulink
- Develop software to meet various requirements of functionality, performance, and maintainability
- Follow coding standards to create dependable, maintainable software
- Follow a CMMI Level 3 process for developing and maintaining software
- Maintain software using current Atlassian version control and issue tracking tools
- Provide software project time estimates
- Provide technical assistance to engineers and other departments as needed
- Provide engineering support to off-site locations as needed
- Participate in reviews of requirements, software, and software test plans
- Participate in safety reviews and failure mode analysis
What You'll Bring:
- BS in Electrical, Systems, Automotive or similar Engineering degree, or within Computer Engineering / Computer Science
- 0-3+ years of related software development experience
- Proficient in developing C and C++ software
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- An understanding of closed-loop control systems
- Experience with Simulink or other model-based code development tools
- Experience with CAN bus or other network communication protocols
- Ability to read electrical schematics and component data sheets
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with ISO 26262 or other software safety standards
- Familiarity with developing cyber secure software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at: Becky@CarexEngineering.com
At Carex, We Are Career Matchmakers.
Your ideal career is out there. Carex curates the best opportunities for top candidates and makes it easier for both job seekers and employers to find their ideal fit.
Carex Engineering, a division of Carex Consulting Group, works exclusively with engineers throughout the U.S. and across a spectrum of backgrounds and industries. We are Engineers placing Engineers and focus on building long-term partnerships and helping candidates find their ideal next step. At Carex, Candidates are people and fellow professionals, not metrics.
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To see all of our available opportunities, visit Carex at: /candidates/see-job-openings/
Carex is working with a highly-respected, ethical, global organization, with roots and a headquarters in Wisconsin, and over 15,000 employees. They are looking for a Senior Category Strategy Manager. This person will lead a team of category strategy professionals and will have a deep understanding of categories of spend or program/product development globally. This role will make strategic decisions on category strategies and understand how to influence business outcomes; maximize the value the company receives from supply through category planning, strategic sourcing and supplier engagement. The Senior Category Strategy Manager will provide expert guidance to the business on external market forces and internal value chain performance affecting the businesses. Present and gain consensus on category strategies. Establishing meaningful relationships with supplier and internal stakeholders to ensure value optimization and to drive improved supply chain performance will be a main focus.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor and coach multiple category managers across the segment.
- Sense opportunity to engage in business leading strategic initiatives that benefit the enterprise, segment, or globe.
- Manage multiple spend categories and category managers at the global, segment level and/or enterprise level.
- Deep understanding of multiple categories of spend.
- Develop critical thinking skills of category lead; ability to connect supply chain impact to the business to drive peak performance.
- Subject matter expert on spend category/commodity, market trends and predicting future trends and impacts.
- Frequent use of data analytics tools to conduct spend and category data analytics; responsible for category spend and performance dashboards and spend synergy visibility.
- Advanced, independent critical thinking skills to formulate business cost/value opportunities.
- Build meaningful relationships with the supply base in order to regularly impact the value proposition.
- Proficient with engineering/technical drawings and an understanding of the technical grammar and language of the business and category.
- Oversight for the effective use of supplier preferencing strategy, supplier engagement model and part taxonomy.
- Deep connection between category management, business goals, and value proposition.
- Identify, communicate, and manage supply chain risk and business continuity plans.
- Lead the validation and governance of category/commodity prices including total cost of ownership models.
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives that capture value for the business, may lad or support a council.
- Build open and trusting relationships with team members through Frequent Meaningful Conversation, ensuring individual development plans are in place.
- Consistently present sourcing strategy and value proposition at the executive level. Lead product development team cross functionally across supply chain to drive a long-term category strategy and supplier performance through new machines, from concept through launch.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with eight (8) or more years of experience within in Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, or a related field.
- Ability to travel 25-30%.
- Relevant industry related certifications.
- Category strategy experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Experience mentoring and leading team members through direct reporting relationships or project work.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
Carex is working with a partner that is a global organization with roots and a HQ in Wisconsin, and over 15,000 employees. We are helping find and hire a Solutions Architect of Supply Chain. In this role you’ll be responsible for conceiving and developing new solutions, features, software releases and/or enhancements. With the opportunity to leverage leading edge technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Automation, etc., the Solutions Architect of Supply Chain leads the supply chain digital functions and paradigms driving innovation, reducing costs, improving supply chain assurance, and enhancing end-to-end network optimization. This role will build the technical roadmap to digitally transform processes and drive exponential value to supply systems at the company.
What you'll do:
- Drive solutions, build architecture and work cross functionally with teams to enable a digitally advanced and connected supply chain
- Identify and solve business opportunities, closing gaps through leading edge technologies
- Own the research, design and advocation for new technologies, architecture and products that will enable the business to propel its value and become a differentiator in the marketplace
- Effectively communicate and drive collaborative views toward practical solutions and actionable paths forward
- Serve as the subject matter expert in supply chain digital architecture
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field; and eight (8) years of experience in information technology such as infrastructure, applications, or related experience
- Technical expertise in the areas of cloud infrastructure, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Automation, etc
- Ability to travel up to 10% and ability to work in a hybrid situation within Wisconsin
- Masters and/or Ph.D. in information systems, management or relate field
- Relevant industry recognized certifications such as:
- Experience with industry standard architectural framework (FEAF, DoDAF, Zachman, TOGAF)
Carex is working with a partner that is a global organization with roots and a HQ in Wisconsin, and over 15,000 employees. We are helping to find and hire a Build and Release Engineer. This person creates and maintains the software build, packaging, and release processes for a large variety of embedded products. The software builds will empower engineers to focus on writing application software, knowing that it will reliably build upon their workstations and on a CI/CD pipeline. Maintaining the CI/CD environment also adds value by ensuring that software assurance tools are run periodically on our codebases. The ideal candidate has experience in embedded software development, C/C++ programming, command line interfaces to compiles and linkers.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain software builds for C/C++ systems on both Windows and Linux, local workstation and in CI/CD pipelines
- Support signing software and packages to meet the needs of each project
- Automate software packaging and release activities into our software development processes and tools
- Support build updates for embedded Linux (e.g., Buildroot, Yocto and PTXdist
- Maintain CI/CD server
- Champion project direction and technical counsel to lower-level engineers and provide engineering support to offsite locations, as needed
- Participate in peer reviews of requirements, software, and software test plans.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent field and eight (8) or more years of related experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Writing software in C, C++, and Python
- Dependency management tools and package creation
- Setting up and using virtual machines and containers as part of building software.
- Software management proficiency on Windows and Linux systems
- Software build utilities (e.g., SCons and CMake) proficiency
- Experience building embedded software with and without RTOS (e.g., VsWorks and QNX)
- Experience using binary repositories such as Artifactory.
Carex is working with a global organization that has roots and a HQ in Wisconsin, with over 15,000 employees. Their engineering and product innovation helps keep soldiers and firefighters safe, is critical in building and keeping communities clean, and helps people do their jobs every day. They are looking for a Senior Systems Analyst (Developer) for a partner. This role will enhance business capabilities through the development of applications and solutions, while providing day-to-day support. This role will work with other team members (IT, Project Managers, Software Engineers and Cybersecurity Analysts) to effectively build new applications and solutions. The role will ensure applications and solutions are stable, reliable, and scalable. The role is also responsible for verifying production applications are operating at optimal levels in addition to quickly and accurately correcting production issues as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for translating functional requirements into system and software requirements.
- Design, implement (program, install and/or configure), and maintain applications and solutions based on the associated requirements, and standards.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring of Development Team Members on troubleshooting techniques and technical inquiries.
- Provide support for the business day-to-day production by responding promptly and professionally to all production incidents.
- Support implementation of applications and solutions through system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Understand and build technical designs that meet the development standards of Technical Architect direction.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develop solutions within the expected scope, budget, and timeline.
- Follow a CMMI Level 3 process for developing and maintaining software and solutions.
- Document solutions through appropriate diagrams, code comments and other associated documents.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Software Development, Information Technology, or in a related area.
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, and software.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and software development.
- Experience in information system implementation and change efforts.
- Experience working with software design principals.
- Ability to develop software and solutions based on functional requirements.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with internal/external entities.
- Ability to provide technical support and leadership.
- Experience and proficiency with various software development applications including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, CI/CD tools, static analysis tools and software composition analysis tools.
- Familiarity with software development using formal project methodology such as a CMMI defined processes.
- Familiarity with installation and management of databases on Linux such as PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with REST and SOAP APIs and implementing software to communicate over them.