Are you an Analytical Chemistry Supervisor or Manager with a proven track record in leadership and mentoring? Are you looking to add these significant accomplishments to your career?
– Create & Operationalize an Overseas Manufacturing Facility
– Launch & Scale a Novel Industry Offering
This position, based onsite in the Appleton, WI area, includes a relocation package for eligible candidates. Compensation for the position is anticipated to be approximately $115,000 – $125,000. Some flexibility is available for highly qualified candidates.
What You'll Do:
The Analytical Research Services Team Lead will:
- Mentor and effectively lead a team of Analytical Chemists and Research Technicians. This includes workload and performance management, career development, team collaboration, and engagement.
- Identify, develop, document, validate and implement test methods developed to support development of new products. Work with manufacturing colleagues to implement these in production as needed.
- Develop and execute method implementation, validation and verification protocols for all newly developed methods, customer supplied methods, or compendial methods.
- Support and guide the Lab Facilitator to prioritize and direct testing activities for Analytical Lab Technician team, while providing development to the Lab Technicians.
- Provide technical direction and development to the Analytical Chemists, providing technical support on new products and processes.
- Provide chemical analysis of products, materials, or contaminates to colleagues in departments including R&D, Marketing, Sales, Technical Services, and Manufacturing for developing clarity in product development, process problems, and material identification.
- Interface with customers to resolve complaints and to institutionalize new processes and specifications to continually meet their needs.
- Identify equipment needs and opportunities to support new technology development.
- Promote and execute continuous improvement in laboratory operations. Recommend and implement changes to existing tests and procedures, while also maximizing efficiencies of existing processes.
- Support cost reduction initiatives in product design, manufacturing process development, and purchasing.
- Ensure that activities meet all environmental laws and regulations, and provide insight to continually reduce the impact on the environment.
What You'll Bring:
- A BS in Chemistry or closely related scientific field of study.
- 5+ years of experience as an Analytical Chemist.
- Strong experience in leading an Analytical team of Chemists and Research Technicians.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in the qualification, maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instruments including: HPLC, GC, GC/MS, FTIR, SEM, EDS, TGA, and DSC.
- Comfort and ability to collaborate directly with customers, management team, and production colleagues.
- Six sigma / Lean knowledge to lead and drive complex problem solving.
- Strong expertise in analytical method development and validation.
- Strong mechanical, troubleshooting and repair skills.
Apply Now and move your career forward with an exciting and highly respected science-focused leader!
Questions? Contact Andie Dumond directly at Andie@CarexScientific.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.