Looking to take the next big step in your career with a highly successful specialty chemical manufacturer focused on Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)? This could be the role you're looking for!
– Fulltime, direct hire Chemical Process Engineer onsite in Madison, WI
– 3+ years of experience in organic chemical synthesis, ideally in small molecules / APIs
– Compensation for this position is anticipated to start at $90,000+ annually.
What You’ll Do:
The Chemical Process Engineer will run the chemical synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) within the manufacturing facility, as well as have the opportunity to help transfer it to a new building and design the process itself! This role will directly optimize chemical manufacturing processes with existing equipment to improve yields and reduce cycle time. Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Develop best practices for chemical manufacturing facility and equipment – standard operating procedures for unit operations.
- Optimize existing chemical process parameters for existing equipment.
- Transfer existing chemical manufacturing processes from existing equipment to new equipment within new facility.
- The Chemical Process Engineer will work with the manufacturing staff in the Technical Manufacturing facility to produce bulk product.
- Optimize chemical manufacturing cycle times.
- Work with chemical operators and process chemists to troubleshoot issues that may arise.
- Become the resident expert for implementation of new chemical equipment.
- Working with process chemists, author chemical manufacturing records.
- Process Safety Advocate – Continuously review processes and operations to identify potential safety issues.
- Identify and implement both equipment and process modifications to increase products yields, reduce cycle times and increase equipment productivity.
- Will be working with up to 500 gallon chemical process reactors, agitated Nutsche filter dryer and using full-face respirators and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) when required.
What You’ll Bring:
- An AS or BS in Chemical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of organic chemistry.
- 3+ years of previous experience with glass-lined chemical reactors within a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with equipment within an API facility ideal.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of safety measures when operating within chemical synthesis spaces is required.
- Ability to understand process safety and unit operation impacts of chemistry to be executed, including for process changes.
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs, PFDs, mechanical and electrical drawings, and proficiency in processing multi-step chemical syntheses.
Apply Now and move your career forward with a great team and continually growing leader!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
The compensation range for this role is anticipated to be $90,000-100,000 annually. If this range doesn't align with your needs, please still apply! Carex values transparency in all steps of the recruiting process. The range listed above is dependent on skills and experience as it relates to the role. New roles arise every day, and we want you to be the first to know when the right role pops up for you.
Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.