Our partner in Madison, WI is looking for a Help Desk Manger that will manage end user services for a blend of their environments is a blend of offices, labs and GxP facilities. The ideal candidate can work in a growing organization, deliver strong customer service, and helping with a variety of technical challenges.
- Led the Help Desk team at the Madison site
- Triage incoming support requests and assign to appropriate team members
- Oversee the onboarding and initial technology training of new Arrowhead employees
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate
- Analyze and perform advanced maintenance and repairs of personal computer hardware, software, and peripherals for enterprise customers, including remote users and sites
- Recruit, train and support help desk representatives and technicians
- Oversee the PC life cycle – forecasting, purchasing, imaging, deploying, migrating, and retiring PCs
- Maintain current knowledge of Windows 10, MacOS, and Office 365
- Support and troubleshoot video conferencing issues (Teams and Zoom) on PCs and in conference room environments
- Active Directory administration of individual and group accounts
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date equipment inventory and configuration details
- Support software asset management including license compliance and configuration management and responds to audit inquiries regarding software licensing
- Led problem management efforts as needed (e.g., service outages)
- Work closely with Information Systems & Informatics business partners in support of labs, in particular the Benchtop Support team
- Proven work experience as a Help Desk leader
- Hands on experience with help desk and remote-control software
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology or a relevant field
- Experience working in the Life Sciences industry
Our partner is looking for a Senior Manager, Benchtop Solutions that will be responsible for all lab computer solutions for the research community at large, reporting to the Director of Research Informatics. As the company rapidly grows, there is an increase in critical laboratory instrumentations that requires interfacing with their infrastructure. This critical role will ensure a compliant and fluid integration of instruments systems with their systems infrastructure. The Senior Manager will eventually lead a team that understands instrument systems, security, architecture, operating systems, network and instrument specific software. The primary goal of the team is to keep instruments functional and productive at all times.
- The Benchtop Manager will be a main point of contact and facilitator for all instrument computer systems related activities, not including functions and operation of instruments.
- Key responsibility will be to working with Vendors and InfoSec to integrate new instruments into Arrowhead network compliantly.
- To manage instrument licenses and renewals.
- To maintain and renew instrument software, servicing, calibration and updates as needed.
- Maintain central data management software such as Labsolutions or Nugenesis in the capture, management of remote instrument control and raw data transfer.
- To work with Information Security to maintain instrument PC patching and testing of patches as required.
- Upgrade Instrument PCs or Windows OS as needed.
- To work with information security to develop a segregated network environment for instruments that cannot be integrated into their network.
- To develop an instrument inventory management system.
- To administrate and manage users on required systems.
- To develop instrument automation processes as necessary by user requirements and needs.
- Apply industry level Agile Project Management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Practices to manage installations and systems.
- To represent their company in optimally manage vendors and or consultants or service contracts as relates to instrument systems.
- Developing new solutions towards Benchtop Management well as assisting with IS&I Digital Roadmap.
- Support of laboratory informatics solutions integration where necessary (for example integration with Research Data Platforms).
- To provide smooth instrument operations in all research sites and Manage a team towards this goal as growth demands.
- Build relationships with Research as well as Information Systems team to become a trusted advisor and partner.
- Work with Research Informatics and the greater IS & Informatics team to remove roadblocks and continue its growth as a high-performing team.
- Manage Vendors and Consultants to optimally deliver Solutions to their research team in optimizing costs and timelines for projects.
- Lead a team as a facilitator or direct manager towards laboratory instrument issues resolutions
Direct supervision of Benchtop Solutions team members, consultants, and vendors.
Education and Experience
Experience working with instrument systems.
Experience in Windows OS, AWS cloud instance deployments, Active Directory, Systems Security, Systems Architecture, PC Hardware interfaces, Network
Experience working in the Life Sciences industry optimal. Experience leading a team in a matrix R&D organization highly preferred.
Experience leading Agile teams highly preferred. Systems engineering Certification a plus.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.
Carex’s partner is an insurance leader with multiple locations and businesses around the country. They are seeking 6 fully-remote Support Desk Technologists to join their team on long contracts. (up to 3 years)
What you’ll do:
- Level 1 to 1.5 service desk technicians (not directly out of school)
- Troubleshoot conductivity issues
- Troubleshoot Zoom plug-in type issues
- Call volume: 1,200 per month (many are password resets)
- Take calls from end users, create tickets, attempt resolution, if unable to resolve will send ticket to next level team.
- Metrics based team, will be expected to close a % of 1st level resolution, qty of tickets closed
- Troubleshoot issues such as: Active Directory and accounts, Office 365, network troubleshooting, network printer trouble shooting, system encryption, remote software deployment, Citrix trouble shooting
What you’ll bring:
- Few years network / corporate environment skills
- Knowledge of adding computers to domains
- Microsoft Office and O365 troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work 24 x 7 rotation 7 days a week, may have on call rotation later
- Ability to work min. of 40 hours/week
- Ability to hit ground running and think on your feet