Do you have a BS in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Lab Science or Medical Technology and experience in Clinical Lab Testing? This Clinical Technologist role could be the perfect next step in your career path!
We're looking for a passionate Clinical Technologist:
– 1st shift opportunity from 8:00 am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday
What You'll Do:
The Technologist conducts qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses within a SAMHSA-certified drug testing lab and CAP and CLIA-certified clinical laboratory that includes:
- Receive extracted specimens for testing; evaluate batches and test orders; determine priority of work for these batches in order to maintain acceptable turn around time
- Recognize unacceptable and unusual specimen(s) within a batch or within a set of Hamilton Deck Mates (4 batches) and handle appropriately.
- Adhere to SOP while performing data analysis on patient and proficiency samples as well as calibration, quality control and blank samples
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report.
- Follow quality control rules; monitor controls / calibration for error detection within batch along with trends within QC sets of an assay and take appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Maintain, calibrate and clean instrumentation / work area; perform scheduled/routine maintenance and critical function checks; recognize significant changes in instrument function; troubleshoot as indicated.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all laboratory tests and equipment including, but not limited to, instrument logs, maintenance logs, disinfection logs and assay SOPs.
- Follow a proactive approach to assay performance and instrument performance to prevent downtime and delay of reporting results to clients and patients.
- Evaluate, use and/or prepare laboratory reagents, standards and quality controls according to established department standard operating procedures and established timeframes.
What You'll Bring:
- BS in Chemistry, biology, clinical laboratory, medical technology or related discipline.
- A willingness to learn and ideally 6+ months of Clinical Lab Testing experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet established turnaround times.
- Beginning ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Effective project management and time management skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
Take the next big step in your career and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact Sophie DeRepentigny directly at Sophie@CarexScientific.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.