Are you a Process Controls Engineer with a background in Electrical Engineering? This could be the next great step in your career!
This position, based onsite in the Portage, WI area, includes a relocation package for eligible candidates. Compensation for the position is anticipated to be approximately $115,000 – $135,000. Some flexibility is available for highly qualified candidates.
What You'll Do:
The Process Controls Engineer will:
- Help manage control systems and equipment, supporting all PLC systems, for three sites of a global manufacturing leader, focusing on maximized uptime and minimal interruptions.
- Improve reliability and performance of plant PLC and communications systems.
- Help identify areas for improvement of controls and communications systems as well as power distribution systems, leading implementation of improvements.
- Design and manage plant electrical power distribution systems, PLC control systems and HMI applications.
- Help provide recommendations on electrical specifications to meet industry standards, as well as preview, approve, and release all detailed electrical drawings for production and installation.
- Assign project work to internal and external engineers, programmers and CAD designers, and direct their activities as needed.
- Participate in capital projects delivering breakthrough results, developing and implementing electrical plans to include technical requirements, tasks, schedules, resources and milestones.
- Communicate project status, risks, countermeasures and opportunities through written reports, presentations or conference calls. Manage project execution through regular status reviews, and eliminate barriers to preventing progress.
- Create written capital project requests with clear scope, schedule, resources and justification. Track project costs against budget and keep both team and management updated.
- Using a Lean / Continuous Improvement mindset, identify and implement changes that improve control systems and communications within the plant, and lead to shortened cycle times, improved quality, etc.
- Contribute to quarterly capital planning meetings.
What You'll Bring:
- A BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related field of study.
- 2+ years of experience in electrical engineering and industrial control systems, with direct applications in a manufacturing environment.
- Substantial hands-on electrical engineering experience in areas of Allen Bradley PLC controls, HMI development, plant level power distribution, process integration and optimization.
- Understanding of and ability to specify instrumentation requirements on capital projects.
- Excellent project management skills including prioritization, organization, resource allocation and business analytics.
- Proficiency with Rockwell Studio 5000 and FactoryTalk software applications.
- Experience in Chemical, Pharma or Liquid Food Processing facilities a plus.
- Familiarity with OSI PI products desired.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, and Microsoft suite products needed.
- This role requires the ability to travel to multiple sites (up to 30%). International Travel is required; candidates need to have a current US Passport, or have the ability to obtain one.
Apply Now and move your career forward with an exciting and highly respected manufacturing leader of products you likely use every day!
Questions? Contact Becky Hines directly at Becky@CarexEngineering.com
Carex is a Certified Minority-Owned & Woman-Owned Business. Carex Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.